Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tokyo highlights

Again, we've fallen behind on the posting... so here's a snapshot of our Tokyo time (Kyoto and Hiroshima details hopefully to come, if the internet in Vietnam is more accessibly than it's rumoured to be).

Tokyo (2 days)
- stayed with Tim (Watson) and friend Dave (Barecka) - great Queen's/NT reunion and had some fantastic curry... somehow even in Japan we manage to eat Indian. Our waiter had to move us to a bigger table because we ordered so many dishes, and asked us concernedly whether we were sure we wanted to order everything.
- explored Kabuchicho, the red light district, and went to the baths (in a spa, not a brothel).
- explored the subways - a well-oiled machine of a system that was still incredibly confusing to us, requiring three tries to get anything figured out! The same goes for travel in Japan in general...
- did the fish scene - from Tokyo Sea Life Park (it was raining, and you can only ride the subways for so long!), to the huge fish market.
- sat in the busiest Starbucks in the world. Literally.
- witnessed a small earthquake! (causing minor subway delays in the north of the city, then back to business as usual.)
- took the Shinkansen (bullet-train) to Kyoto.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi girls, it`s Sanne from J-Hoppers!
What a fab website you guys have, I am in awe! Good to hear you`re having such a good time, I cant wait to get to Bangkok and explore for myself! Let me know if you have any good tips on Vietnam, as I will be travelling there myself in a couple of weeks (around 4-6).

Have fun!!

Sanne

5:57 PM  
Blogger blackhole said...

What is Dave Barreca doing in Tokyo, and how do you know him? WTF, you're blowing my mind, you guys!

Keep on postin'!

8:12 PM  
Blogger A said...

Hey girls! I jacked this website's URL long ago from Alyssa's msn name, but hadn't visited until now. GREAT pictures! I just went through your J-land pics, and will get to the others soon! You've captured the country very well, and it's great seeing some of the places I've visited as well (yes, I too am a Japanese tourist in Japan ). I love Hiroshima, I lived there for a couple of months in junior high. Ah, you two have made me homesick, haha. Safe travels, friends! This site is AWESOME :D

10:39 PM  
Blogger A said...

Btw, the post above was by Akiko ... although I'm sure you've deduced that from the display name. Oh, and forgot to mention that I cracked up on the peace signs in pics. Oh, how it never gets old with the Japanese folk.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home